ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD PARTY FAITHFUL THROUGH LGA ELECTION AND APC SUSPENSION OF MEMBERS
The Imo State Working Committee, All Progressives congress,has noticed with concern, the illegality that is being perpetrated by some elements in the party after the successful congresses in the state.
These elements who are now impersonating the office of the state chairman and other officers of our great party have been defrauding our party members particularly aspirants to the proposed Local Government Area elections.
The State Working Committee, after an elaborate meeting resolved as follows:
1. That all aspirants to the proposed Local Government elections are advised in their own interest to deal ONLY with the Dr Hillary Ekeh led Executive committee, which is the duly elected and recognized Exco of our great party in the State. Any dealings with any other person(s) is a nullity and of no effect.It is our position that such persons do so at their own risks. The State Congresses have come and gone and officers at the various levels have emerged and it should be noted that only the political parties can sponsor candidates to an election.
2. That all aspirants to the Local Government elections are further advised to pay for their party Nomination Forms directly to Imo State APC Bank Account Number 0041336653, Union Bank Plc.
3. That payment for Party Nomination Forms should NOT be made in cash.
4. The State Working Committee at the said meeting also resolved that the following party members who have engaged in anti-party activities by impersonating some officers of the party are hereby suspended from the party, pending full investigations into their activities. They are:
(a) Mr Chris Oguoma
(b) Mr G N Asika
(c) Mr Obioma Ireagwu.
Consequently, any member of the Party who deals with the above named suspended members, do so at his/her own risk.
5. Pursuant to Article 21D(11) of the APC constitution, the State Working Committee has made appropriate recommendations to the National Working Committee of our great party to take adequate disciplinary measures against the Governor of Imo State, H.E Owelle Anayo Ethelbert Okorocha for engaging in various anti-party activities, which could lead to a breakdown of law and order in the State.
Engr Nwabueze Oguchienti, Publicity Secretary, APC, Imo State.