It would be recalled that Okorocha not only sent a four-year rolling plan budget of N190 billion to the Imo State House of Assembly leading to the approval and passage into Law of the 2012-2015 Imo State Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) known as “The Imo Rescue Development Plan” with a total size of N224 billion (Two hundred and twenty-four billion) naira but also on Monday, 3rd December, 2012, Okorocha approached the state legislature for approval of N197b for year 2013 budget. The 2013 budget christened “The Rescue Budget 2” was also anchored on the 2012-2015 Medium Term Expenditure Framework (Imo Rescue Development Plan). The capital allocations and projects in the budget are all part of the entire package.
Please read RESCUE SCORECARD below carefully and tell me what you feel about this present government in ImoState:
(1) 10 INDUSTRIES in the state at the cost of N15billion each. Till date, no ailing or new industry has been revived
(2) Construction of new city gates also valued at N15bn excluding the two gates constructed in 2012. The proposed city gates expected to be stationed at Major entrances to the state capital do not exist. It is only between Orlu and Njaba LGA where a gigantic gate was erected including the two gates on Concord Hotel Road. With a year and some months left for the four-year budget to elapse, we are querying if the cost of building the aforementioned gates can cost only N15 billion.
(3) Completion of 27 New Generals valued at 15 billion. None yet in sight!
(4) 304 ModelPrimary Schools and 100 secondary schools valued at 20 Billion to be built according the agreement between ROCHE GROUP, the company managing ADAPALM, (now IMOPALMS) and the ImoState govt. The initial agreement was that all proceeds from ADAPALM would be used to construct the 304 Schools. (We wonder why the project was still captured in the Budget – 2 funding for a project unexecuted).
(5) N15 Billion earmarked for Construction of Buildings at IMSU permanent site. The one already completed at Okpoko is now his private university
(6) N10 billion for the construction of Government House, Owerri. Just walk into Douglas House and assess the N10 billion expended there.
(7) The much touted Princes and Crystal Hotels for Okigwe and Orlu Zones respectively, Ecumenical Centre known as ‘Amarachi’ and Magnificent Towers known as ‘Akachi’, Monumental Hotels projects for which the N29 billion was earmarked have been abandoned and contractors eloped after collecting about 70% of the contract sum for one of the legacy prospects.
(9) Abandonment of Projects like the one at Ama JK called ‘Heartland Centre’ for multi-level car parks, where the contractor also allegedly disappeared after getting mobilization fund of about N3bn.
(10) 15-kilometre road project in each of the LGAs valued at N35 billion has not been executed except the few wishy-washy substandard roads around
SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO ALLOW THIS CORRUPTION TO BE PERPETRATED BEFORE OUR VERY EYES? UNTIL IMOLITES RISE UP TO FIGHT THIS EVIL, OUR DEMISE AS A PROGRESSIVE STATE IS IMMINENT.